The Dam Specialist is responsible to perform his/her duties as outlined and any other tasks assigned by his/her manager or supervisor.
- The Dam Specialist should possess a Master degree with 3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor degree with 5 years of experience in the civil engineering field with specialization in Dams design.
- Must have design detailing and construction experience in the different types of Dams such as earth and rock fill Dams concrete gravity Dams concreate arch Dams and roller compacted concrete Dams.
- Should have working experience in the Afghan Dams projects and understanding of key issues of Dam projects.
- Must be familiar in the earthquake modeling and seismic analysis of different types of large Dams structures.
- Should be familiar with engineering software such as STAAD-pro SAP2000 ETABS and other relevant Dam analysis computer programs used in the modeling analysis and design of Dam structures.
- Should have the ability of understanding and implementation of various codes of practice such as USBR ASTM USACE Eurocodes / B.S. ACI Indian Standards ICOLD etc. in the design and construction of different Dams projects.
- An excellent verbal and written communication skill fluency in English is required and should be fluent in the national languages of Pashto and Dari as well.
- Having carried out research and possess publications in the field of Dams engineering will be an additional benefit in carrying out the duties.
- The Dam Specialist supervise the related Dam works and will assist the other specialists experts engineers and technical staff in the Directorate of Supervision on Implementation of Water Development Projects in their national undertakings.
- The specialist should have at lest experience of supervision in two earth fill Dam and two gravity Dam.
- To assist and provide main policy and regulatory advices under the guidance of the Director of Supervision on Implementation of Water Development Projects of the Ministry.
- To provide technical consultations and assistances to the director and staff in the Dams field on the planning design construction techniques evaluation and monitoring.
- Be responsible to assist and provide full range of analytical technical and supervision advises on different types of Dams’ projects based on relevant codes.
- Must have the skills of reviewing different studies such as feasibility studies geotechnical and geological investigations topographic studies hydrology & hydraulic modeling and environmental & social impact assessment studies of different Dams projects.
- Should be able to analyze monitor and check the structural modeling (i.e. computer analysis) design and construction techniques of different Dams’ projects such as concrete Dams earth & rock fill Dams roller compacted concrete Dams and masonry Dams.
- The successful candidate must be able to assist all technical staff in the Directorate of Supervision on Implementation on Water Development Projects of the Ministry in the project assessments and analyses. He / She must have personal commitment drive for results efficiency flexibility creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Supervisin on Implementation of Water Development Projects he / she should be able to establish and develop standard work plans for the Dams section on the evaluation and analyses of the designs of various types of Dams projects; through reliable data and design calculations.
- The specialist is responsible for looking after every activity related to Dam construction that is being executed in the construction site.
- The specialist is responsible to continuously visit the site for monitoring and supervision purposes.
- The specialist is responsible to look after day to day activities of the contractors.
- Any other task assigned by the related supervisor.
How To Apply
Interested candedates can apply for this position by folwing email.
Email address: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of Ministry Support Unit
Ministry of Energy and Water
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road Kabul – Afghanistan.
For further information please contact:
Ahmad Zamir Mehrwar +93(0)744054308
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320
Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) Form