The expert will be responsible for all the task assigned by the office.
- Review analysis and design of hydro mechanical appurtenant (penstocks gates valves cranes Trash racks and other mechanical parts )of dams
- Review and analysis of contractors’ hydro-mechanical designs.
- Hydro technical and hydraulic structure management.
- Build a maintenance program for the mechanical equipment.
- Report monthly on the maintenance execution.
- Perform the all workshop mechanical activities such as technical management.
- Providing mechanical advice to the office head.
- Trouble shooting and emergency visit to sites and find out the fault and manage repair;
- Ensure all engineering works are managed;
- Inspect repair service and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Writing of Field Service report and Job completion report in English.
- Taking decisive actions to achieve goals in formulate environments and changing contexts; analyzing and diagnosing problems with depth and insight; displaying sound Judgment and decision making; providing creativity and innovation.
- Work with others to achieve goals; resolving conflicts successfully.
- Building reports communicating effectively and maintaining relationships within changing conditions.
- Preparation the Hydro-mechanical part of the TORs for new projects.
- Review and preparation the Hydro-Mechanical part of the technical specification.
- Any other task assigned by the Technical board coordinator/Supervisor
- At least Master degree in hydro-Mechanical engineering/ Hydraulic structures having a thesis in design of gates with a minimum of 5 years of experience in design of Dam Gates penstocks and turbines.
- Should have a thorough understanding of relevant welding procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of the international mechanical and hydro-mechanical standards IMC ASME ASHRI AISC AWS DIN and USACE standards related to Hydro-Mechanical works.
- Computer skills MS Office e-mail Internet applications and knowledge of Software for Hydro-Mechanical designs is preferable.
- Fluent in reading writing and speaking of English language.
How To Apply
Write Application Letter explaining your suitability for the position.
Fill MEW/MSU Job Application Form.
Send your Letter and Application Form in one single document (Docs/PDF).
Indicate Position Title and Vacancy No. on the subject line of the Email.
Download the Application format and Job Application Form from MEW or Karyaab website
Applicants can submit their applications hard copies to the following address:
Human Resources Section of Ministry Support Unit
Ministry of Energy and Water
District #7 Dar-Ul-Aman Road Kabul – Afghanistan.
For further information please contact:
Ahmad Zamir Mehrwar +93(0)744054308
Mohammad Naser Moradi +93(0)744252320