The Livelihoods and Food Security Technical Assistant is responsible to perform his/her duties as outlined and any other tasks assigned by his/her manager or supervisor.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies tools handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Ensure proper filing of LFS documents for future references and audit purposes.
- Maintain file for all contracts and ensure that all original contracts/agreements are kept in a secure manner.
- Share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Adhere to NRC‘s Code of Conduct Standard Operating Procedures and Guiding Principles to uphold the highest professional ethical obligations.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Be the key point of contact between NRC and the various non-staff individuals working on NRC livelihoods projects (business mentors technical skills mentors business trainers etc.).
- Ensure that these non-staff individuals are performing their duties properly by regularly attending activities in the field.
- Support these non-staff individuals with any administrative logistics or HR issues.
- Help beneficiaries obtain any necessary administrative/ legal documentation such as small business permits from the municipality and work permits from governmental departments.
- Immediately report any challenges or implementation delays to the LFS Officer.
- Ensure proper filing of documents including beneficiary registration & distribution lists receipts contracts etc.
- Collect assessment baseline end-line and other monitoring data by conducting interviews with beneficiaries and key informants in the field.
- Help analyse assessment and M&E data as required – with the support of the LFS Officer/ Coordinator and M&E staff.
- Maintain well-organized and up to date databases of all LFS beneficiaries.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions including multi-purpose cash assistance emergency cash response.
- Bachelor degree in business administration economics business development/ entrepreneurship or related field master will be preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in private sector development livelihoods income generation enterprise development job placement or similar roles in a development/ humanitarian organization or government.
- Experience implementing development projects
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is mandatory)
- Creativity curiosity and willingness to try new things and to challenge the status quo
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Experience working with vulnerable communities and people (displaced people women youth).
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Good written and spoken English Dari and Pashto. Fluent spoken Pashto is essential.
- Experience working in small business development or with the private sector more generally.
- Experience in writing and appraising business proposals
- Willingness to travel to project sites in the Central Region.
How To Apply
st Option: For applying and more information please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the Webcruiter site example (personal education experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.
2nd Option: Based on the policy only for this position hardcopies of the CVs can be submitted on below address:
District 4th kulola Pushta Street # 9 Qumandan Gada street Near to Municipality Blocks Kabul.