To enable returnees to sustainably reintegrate Psychosocial Assistant will consider provision of the psychosocial support to adapting to the new reality as a crucial approach for the success of the project. As part of this he/she will work with returnees to define their roles in the community and ensure they have stable psychosocial situation. Those returnees who are undocumented will be referred to IOM’s Returnee Information Centers (RICs) for documentation and psychosocial support.
In psychosocial aspect of reintegration He/she will work with returnees and host communities to improve the wellbeing of returnees in host communities so that returnees feel comfort and be psychosocially reintegrated.
- Establishment and activation of CDCs in the targeted area
- Psychiatric social assistant helps mental health patients and their families in a similar way to counselors and psychologists.
- Their main job function is to assess patients and develop individualized plans of care
- They may also provide some counseling services to patients as well as help family members learn to deal with mental illness in the family.
- Psychiatric social assistant may make referrals to appropriate persons or facilities.
- The assistant typically conducts interviews in order to determine the appropriate services to offer mental health patients and their families.
- They develop care plans that include counseling support services and referrals as well as periodically review their patient and patient family situations and make changes to the care plans as necessary.
- Conduct the relevant training and workshops
- Participate in the required meetings and other sessions
- Maintaining patient records preparing reports as per the needs
- Monitoring progress toward the goals and objectives
- Conducting Monthly Quarterly and annual reviews of action plan
- Provide crisis interventions arrange for services from referral agencies and help patients ease back into the community after leaving inpatient programs
- Have effective communication and coordination with counter parts
- Any other duties assigned by the relevant supervisor/Manager
- They are typically required to have a bachelors degree Licensing or registration may also be required a bachelors degree is the minimum requirement to work as a psychiatric social Assistant know the psychology and have at least two years’ work experience in the related field
- Psychiatric social assistant assesses and guide mental health effected patients to the appropriate resources based on their individual needs Psychiatric social assistant provides guidance to mental health patients and they may offer therapy social rehabilitation crisis intervention or outreach services and other required services
How To Apply
Qualified and interested afghan candidates should submit his/her cover letter and updated CV to the following :
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line of the email must be (Psycho Social Reintegration Assistant VA No: ORCD-52-2019).
Please dont attached heavy files & any other documents more than (1024 KB) otherwise your application will not be consider for shortlisting.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can also submit your hard CV and Application to the office by this address:
Human Resources Department
House # 2591 Street of Shams London Academy Girls School Shaheed Square Taimani Project Kabul Afghanistan
Tel #: 0728-951002/0729-246328